Employment law is complex and ever-changing. It can be seen as a threat by some employers, but, with appropriate support and assistance, can also be an opportunity. Individuals need proper advice to ensure that they know their rights.
We carry out contentious and non-contentious employment work both for employers and workers (who may be employees, agency workers, or consultants). This covers:
- Employment Tribunal claims – claimant and respondent;
- Some Employment Appeal Tribunal appeals;
- Negotiating settlements;
- Advice to employers on how to handle disciplinary matters, restructuring, redundancy, sickness absence, grievances and other employment matters;
- Drafting policy documents and contracts;
- Advising individuals who often come in through our fixed-fee appointment system, or with compromise agreements;
- Advising employers and employees on benefits packages, restrictive covenants;
- Advising on the implications of the 2006 Transfer of Undertakings (Protection of Employment) Regulations (TUPE) on the sale and purchase of businesses;
- Equal opportunities and equal pay;
- All aspects of discrimination law, including disability and age;
- Maternity and family-friendly rights and responsibilities, including flexible working requests;
- Regular seminars on recent employment law developments.
We specialise in employment law and can offer a depth and breadth of experience in employment law matters unrivalled in local firms. Our clients include small and medium sized companies, individuals, and some household names. We pride ourselves in being able to tailor the advice and assistance we offer to our client’s needs.
Our advice is practical and pragmatic. Jane Elgar, who leads our team, has a number of years experience as a senior manager in both the public and private sectors, including experience as an HR professional in local government and independent television.
We offer employers a free initial consultation. We offer a fixed fee appointment to individuals. We are also able to provide organisations with customised training sessions.